- Daily dose not greater than 5 mg/Kg|
- Regular screening for retinal toxicity according to risk factors
- Monitoring of complete blood count at the beginning and during prolonged therapy
- Physical examination with attention to muscle strength and reflexes
- Monitoring of QT interval prolongation in at-risk patients
- Caution in hepatic and renal impairment, use of other medications that lead to prolongation of the QT interval or that increase the serum level of antimalarials, alcoholism, concurrent antidiabetic agents, porphyria, psoriasis.